Q: What is "Ghosting" on Craigslist?
A: If you posted a listing to Craigslist and your listing does not show in the main section (where you are posting) but it shows in your Account, your item has been Ghosted.
Q: Why would Craigslist Ghost my vehicle?
A: Craigslist is trying their best to avoid marketers "spamming" on its site and wants to make sure all ads are unique and from genuine different people to create a fair community.
Q: What Causes ghosting?
1. Each computer has a unique IP address. If a vehicle is posted by the same IP in different cities and Craigslist sees the same IP being used in multiple cities, the vehicle may be ghosted.
2. Same as the IP, if you use the same email or Craigslist account to post in multiple cities, the listing may be ghosted.
3. The Title and Content are the essence of the listing. Craigslist has the ability to automatically cross match the contents to make sure every listing is unique. If they find out something wrong with the listing, either it will generate a Posted Already code or it will be Ghosted.
4. If an ad is posted more than once per 48 hours, Craigslist may Ghost your vehicle.
Q: What are some tips for avoiding being ghosted on Craigslist?
A: When ghosting starts to happen, we have a small checklist we suggest to change in order to prevent further ghosting.
- Stop posting. Wait a minimum of 24 hours to post on your Craigslist account. When there are continued listings entered trying to list, there’s never a break of sending ghosted listings so give it 24 hours.
- Delete Old Ads. Continuing to manage your Craigslist account by deleting duplicate ads will help you greatly.
- Do not post to Multiple Markets. It is against Craigslist TOU to post outside of your local market. They can block your account and possibly your IP address for posting to multiple cities.
- Add the price. Craigslist is a classifieds portal meaning they want you to include prices of properties being listed.
- Identify Global Description. If every property has a similar description, sentence, or phrase that is the same, you’ll want to erase the canned information that you see in every listing.
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 July 2011 15:25